The Condors are currently 13-29-2-2 with 30 points in the standings. They trail the San Francisco Bulls and the Utah Grizzlies, who are tied for 7th in the Western Conference, by nine points in the standings.
Wednesday, Jan. 30 at Las Vegas (7:05 p.m.)
Friday, Feb. 1 vs. Colorado (7 p.m.)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
TOLEDO 5 vs. Condors 1
Condors 3 vs. KALAMAZOO 2 (OT)
Down 2-0 after two periods of play, the Condors rallied for a come-from-behind overtime victory to wrap up their three-game road trip Sunday afternoon. F Peter Boyd scored his second of the game by redirecting a shot from D Erik Burgdoerfer in the extra session to end the game. F Francis Verreault scored the equalizer with just over a minute left in regulation and the extra attacker on the ice.
- F Peter Boyd has a team season-high five game goal scoring streak, with six goals during the streak.
- F Francis Verreault had his 11-game point streak snapped Saturday night, but started a new one on Sunday. He now has a point in 12 of the 13 games he has played with the Condors.
- Sunday’s game was the second time in seven days that the Condors forced overtime by scoring the game-tying goal with the goaltender pulled for an extra attacker. They did the same thing last Monday in Ontario, though they fell in overtime in that contest.
- Bakersfield has won seven games in overtime or shootout this season.
- Sunday’s combined total of 98 shots on goal (BAK-48, KAL-50) fell just two shy of the team record, set in 2005-06, when Bakersfield was out-shot by Idaho 60-40.
- G Brian Stewart and G Scott Greenham both have recorded 48-save performances this season. Stewart’s came Sunday in Kalamazoo.
- On this date in Condors history, the two highest penalized games in team history took place. Last season’s much-publicized melee against Ontario on Jan. 28, 2012 set the Condors record for combined penalty minutes in a game. It broke the old record, set on Jan. 28, 2011 in Alaska.
- F Peter Boyd’s five-game goal streak is tied for the longest current streak in the ECHL, and is two shy of the team record, set by Paul Rosebush (pictured) in 2002-03 and matched by Mark Derlago in 2007-08).
- G Scott Greenham is tied for 2nd in the ECHL with 836 saves.
- F Peter Boyd leads the ECHL with five shootout goals and is tied for the league lead with two shootout game-winners.
- F Daniel Koger is tied for 2nd in the ECHL with four shootout goals.
- G Scott Greenham is tied for the league lead with five shootout wins and is 2nd with a .962 shootout save percentage.
- F Brett Lyon is 3rd in the ECHL (and tied for the league lead among rookies) with 12 major penalties.
- F Francis Verreault is 7th in the ECHL in rookie scoring with 34 points, just six points off the league lead. He is also tied for 4th among rookies with 22 assists.
- D Tyson Gimblett is tied for 2nd among ECHL defensemen with ten major penalties.
- The Condors goaltenders rank 2nd in the ECHL in the shootout with a .846 save percentage.
Points – F Francis Verreault (34)
Goals – F Peter Boyd (15)
Assists – F Francis Verreault (22)
PIM – F Brett Lyon (108)
+/- – F Francis Verreault (+4)
Sv % – G Scott Greenham (.906)
The Condors head to Las Vegas on Wednesday to wrap up their seven-game road trip.
They return to home ice to host Colorado on Friday and Saturday, February 1st and 2nd. On Feb. 1, the first 2,000 kids 12 and under will get a Condors Youth Jersey featuring Condors alternate captain and leading goal scorer Peter Boyd, sponsored by KGET-TV 17, Hot Hits 93.1 and Rabobank. On Saturday, the first 2,000 fans 5 and older will get a Condors Cowboy Hat, sponsored by Emporium Western Store.
SAVE MONEY WITH A FUN 4-PACK-FREE SNUGGIES!!!!