BAKERSFIELD, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors have announced details for Charlie Sheen Night, Saturday, Mar. 12 when they take on the Idaho Steelheads at Rabobank Arena. That night is also St. Patrick’s Jersey Off Our Backs night. Doors open at 6 p.m., the puck drops at 7 p.m.
Many Charlie Sheen-themed events will surround the night, making light of the cultural-phenomenon, including ticket and food deals, and even a twitter World Record attempt.
- Wear a fedora, or dress like any Charlie Sheen movie character and receive admission for two and a half bucks ($2.50).
- Bring a clean drug test and receive free admission.
- 2-for-1 Tiger Blood Icees and snow cones for the kids.
- The first 1,000 males will receive a Charlie Sheen face on a stick mask.
- Follow the Condors on twitter and we’re confident you won’t be nearly as entertained as if you followed Charlie Sheen on twitter. However, the Condors are inviting everyone to sign up to follow the Condors on twitter (http://twitter.com/condors), and if we beat Charlie’s Guinness World Record of reaching one million followers in less than 25 hours and 17 minutes, we’ll let Charlie rename the team, as he seems to have a lot of creative ideas lately.
- Bring $2 million (reportedly as much as Charlie doesn’t earn with each cancelled episode) and you can own the Condors!
- Charlie’s dubbed “Goddesses” (Natalie Kenly and Rachel Oberlin) have been named as honorary captains for the game. We’re guessing the Steelheads won’t mind if they get to hang out on the bench.
- A rock band from Mars will play in front of the arena on the plaza before the game.
- Before this game, the Condors aren’t going to practice, attempting to channel Sheen’s no-rehearsal-required spirit. After all, to quote the great Allen Iverson, “We’re talkin’ about practice?!”
“We picked this date for the Charlie Sheen Night because we figured St. Patrick’s Day was a Holiday that Charlie enjoyed celebrating,” said Condors President Matthew Riley. “We would invite him come up to the game and participate in a ceremonial puck drop and just have fun for the night with our fans. We’ll even give him the ticket special for dressing up like himself.”
“And oh yeah,” adds Riley. “To stick with the Charlie Sheen theme, we plan on ‘winning’ the game.”
The team will also wear special St. Patrick’s Day jerseys for the Jersey Off Our Backs promotion. The unique green and white jerseys feature Bakersfield script across the front, and shamrocks along the waist and cuffs of the sleeves. Five of the game-issued jerseys will be given away in a free raffle, and the rest will be auctioned off with proceeds benefiting the Ronald McDonald House. The jerseys are sponsored by Bright House Networks and McDonald’s.
The Condors return home for a three game series against the Idaho Steelheads, starting on Tuesday, March 8. The Condors are hosting a Canned Food Drive, courtesy of My 45, 96.5 Max FM, and Payment Systems Worldwide. Fans who donate two non-perishable food items can receive $1.00 Terrace Admission to the game.
Visit http://bakersfieldcondors.com/web/category/schedule/ for more information and the Condors promotional schedule.
Group tickets are a great way to add to your Condors experience! All you need is 20 family, friends and coworkers to get discounted tickets starting at just $7. Groups get a P.A. Announcement as well as prizes for each group. All members of Lower Level groups also get a Condors hat.
Individual tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster and the Rabobank Arena Box Office. Box Office hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday, and 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday, with extended hours on game and event days. You can also call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit them online at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket packages start at just $28! Call the Condors office at 324-PUCK (7825) or go online to www.bakersfieldcondors.com for more information.